So straight after finishing my last paper on the 18th of November, a whole busload of us KTT-ians went to Bukit Bintang. Tsin and I made our way to Pavilion. The Christmas deco was up relatively early in my opinion, but looked nice nonetheless. Tsin had this unsatisfied hunger for big chunks of beef that started since exam period and finally she got her wish as we had Tony Roma's for lunch. I think I had sirloin, done medium rare, while she had ribeye, well done (correct me if I'm wrong lol).
After lunch, we parted ways, as always, to start looking for our outfits for our graduation night. I had my eyes set on this blazer from Topman, even troubling the salesperson quite a bit as I tried on various sizes, but I ended up getting myself a Domanchi (Alan would be so proud of me lol) blazer, with full approval from Tsin. Now I'm not gonna reveal the actual price here, but the Domanchi blazer costs RM 100 more than the Topman one, so yeah, I felt kinda paiseh as people started asking bout the price. Lol.
Besides shopping, I got to watch the much hyped-about movie You Are the Apple of My Eye (still not released in Sibu yet lol). Could hardly relate the movie to my secondary school life. Back then I was just a timid mouse who shied away from even a brief conversation with girls (college changed me I guess), much less hit on or tackling one, so I've got no beautiful love story to share, much less write. Haha.
Next day, went to the airport during noon time to meet up with mum, whom I haven't seen since my Raya sem break. The dye on her hair has worn off quite a bit, and the evidence of her age is becoming more and more visible. We took a bus at 1400 to Malacca, to meet up with sis, studying in Malacca Manipal Medical College. Sis just got her car, a brand new Vios, and so we had no problem getting around Malacca freely. We holed up in this really nice budget hotel, Hotel 96. Really grateful to my sis for taking some time off from her busy life as a med student to bring us round, but we spent most of our time eating at the usual places (Nadeje, Makko nyonya restaurant, etc.), or holed up in the hotel room while my sis attends some of her classes. Malacca has lost it's attraction to me. Is it because those who made it fun are no longer around? Hmm.
From Tuesday to Thursday, mum and I were practically holed up in Midvalley, never leaving it's vicinity until it was time for mum to catch her flight at the airport. During those few days, I settled my ties for grad nite, bought a bottle of CK Free, and a movie ticket for Immortals which I ended up not watching (you'll know why if you can gain access to my other blog lol), and met up with Eric, plus the KTT girls who stopped by on Thursday morning for a breakfast.
Then came Saturday. It was nice of Hui Ling to let me join them after I asking for a favour with transportation to the hotel for grad nite. We left KTT in the morning for Sunway Pyramid, and Empire Shopping Gallery, where the girls did their makeup and hairdo for grad nite. I'd say it was a pretty interesting experience watching the girls transform from plain Janes to divas, despite having to sit there for hours doing almost nothing. I joined the all-star lineup after putting on my suit and consensus-decided gray tie. Gone were the days where I'd look back at the photos in my Form 5 farewell party photo album on Facebook and cringe at the fashion disaster that was me. I had the honour of driving all of the ladies from Subang to Pan Pacific Hotel at KLIA, thanks to Subang GPS-es Grace and Min.
Nothing out of the ordinary during grad nite, but I was treated to a hell lotta eye candy, all thanks to the power of makeup and dresses! HAHA! Will also never forget all the complements I received towards my outfit (not the person sadly though lol) which made me feel like a fuckin' million dollars, baybeh! Wooh! Haha. But all in all everyone looked their best and had fun taking pictures with each other.
The BFF and I.
Next morning, Mei, Tsin and I went all the way to Titiwangsa bus station to meet with Eric. We all went up to Genting, with Eric's cousin, Terrance tagging along. No theme park rides or anything, just went up to enjoy the breeze and Starbucks coffee.
Next day, came the camp with the dreaded three-letter acronym, BTN. I was allocated to Kem Bina Negara Tanjung Rhu, Sepang, about an hours drive away from KTT, and is located by the seaside! BTN wasn't entirely brainwash or racism, just boring lectures with the occasional cold joke, group discussions, and a patriotic song performance during the final night. I believe the best part was forging new friendships with people whom were previously mere acquaintances. Oh, and for anyone going in soon, be prepared for what's in store during Thursday night, I do not know if I'm at liberty to discuss what went down here, but you can always PM me if you are curious.
Finally, after a tedious packing session on Friday, I found myself back at home after boarding the earliest flight out on Saturday morning. I'm just so grateful that I can finally settle down and enjoy life without much worries.
you got another blog? o.o
ReplyDelete